Call for Information: 1-949-247-1106

Free Diving Trips
Hunting Information

Hunting and Licensing Information 
To spearfish in Southern California you are required to have a California Fishing License with an additional Ocean Enhancement stamp.  If you purchase a 1 or 2 day fishing license, then you are not required to have the Ocean Enhancement Stamp.  These must be purchased prior to boarding the Peace Dive Boat.  You may be able to purchase your licenses online on the Department of Fish and Game's Website at:  DFG website
You are responsible to have all required fishing licenses and have knowledge of the California Fish and Game Regulations.
We suggest that you bring your own ice chest filled with ice to store and transport your fish home.  To keep you fish while in the water while you are diving, we suggest that you bring a fish stringer.  On board the fish can be stored in your ice chest or bring a fillet knife and your own zip lock bags and you can fillet your fish and store them in our game freezer.   
Lobster Diving
If you plan on lobster diving, you will need to make sure that you have the appropriate fishing license and equipment. You will want to have a lobster bag to take underwater with you, a lobster gauge and you will want to have an additional lobster catch bag to store your lobster in on the boat, while you go on your next dives.
In 2008 a new licensing requirement was issued by the Department of Fish and Game. You must also have a Spiny Lobster Report Card with you to Lobster Hunt.
For 2009-2010 each Lobster Report Card costs $8.40, is non-transferable, and allows you to record 56 days of lobster dives. Every person hunting for lobster are required to have a Lobster Report Card, even those that don't usually require a fishing license, i.e. Children under the age of 16 are required to have a Lobster Report Card and 1 Day, 2 Day Fishing Licenses are required to have a Lobster Report Card and those with Lifetime Licenses are required to have a Lobster Report Card.
Remember that when you are purchasing your fishing license that we are south of Point Arguello and are required to have an Ocean Enhancement Stamp, except on the 1 and 2 Day Licenses.
These are not all of the rules and requirements of the Lobster Report Card, please refer to the DFG website for complete information.
Sign up for the Peace Dive Boat Newsletter

Get social with us!