Fri - Sat, July 15-16, 2022 - 2 Day Halibut Hunt to Outer Islands - Midnight Departure
These trips are specifically catered to the intermediate to advanced level diver that wants to hunt halibut. Dive sites are typically flat and sandy areas where halibut frequent. These trips are best suited to divers, that have experience in rougher cold water conditions including; current, swell, kelp, limited visibility and long swims. Non-hunters may sign up for these trips, but the dive sight choices will be based on the best hunting areas not necessarily the best dive conditions.
We leave the dock at Midnight, Boarding is on Thursday night. Be on Board by 09:00pm on Thursday night because the boat leaves promptly at Midnight. We plan to return home around 6pm on Saturaday. This trip includes 1 entire day of scuba diving (sun-up to sun-down). The 2nd day will offer between 3 and 4 scuba dives, before the trip home. This trip includes 2 days of scuba diving, air fills and meals. You will need to provide all scuba & snorkeling equipment including weights and 1 tank.
Our Halibut Hunt trips are the perfect escape for the avid hunter. The Channel Islands offers the perfect habitat for halibut hunting with its large sandy bays that are the perfect halibut habitat.
Peace New Procedures and regulations:
1. Masks mush be worn when boarding, disembarking or indoors. (USCG regulation)
2. No Pillows or Blankets provided in Bunk Rm (because of COVID, sorry about it)
3. All passengers on overnight trips mush board and be present at 9 pm (cortes trips 8pm) for our fire and safety orientation discussion night before trip.
4. Fish and Game rules strictly enforced.
5. Bunk #10 is allocated as CREW bunk (under fire exit)
6. Because of recent event (CONCEPTION) Charing of any type batteris (lithium included) will not be permitted on board the PEACE. Bring extra batteries please.
7. It's highly recommended all divers be vaccinated.